Welcome to US Gulf Coast Travel!
I am Charles McCool and a travel writer with a passion for the entire US Gulf Coast—from Key West to South Padre Island—and my quest is to find the best Gulf Coast spots for sunshine, sand, surf, seafood, and sunsets (and sunrises).
Thank you for visiting US Gulf Coast Travel. Kick off your flip flops 🩴, grab a margarita 🍸, and stay awhile.
Here are some of our favorites articles/themes:
- US Gulf Coast food trails: US Gulf Coast Seafood Trail, US Gulf Coast Dessert Trail, and Gulf Coast Grouper Trail
- favorite US Gulf Coast sunset spots: Sensational US Gulf Coast Sunset Spots
- US Gulf Coast day trips: Day Trips From Orlando or Day Trips from New Orleans
- the Best US Gulf Coast Restaurants and Chefs and #USGulpCoast Fun US Gulf Coast Bars, Breweries, and Beverage Spots
Questions, comments, feedback? Did not find what you wanted or want to suggest something that is missing and we should cover. Let us know on our Contact page.
Our US Gulf Coast Travel Guide covers destinations along the Gulf of Mexico—from Key West, Florida to South Padre Island, Texas.
Please note that many US Gulf Coast destinations may experience limited services. For official information on what is open and closed, visit our guide to useful US Gulf Coast resources.
Please follow US Gulf Coast Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
What is the US Gulf Coast?
The US Gulf Coast encompasses all USA destinations along the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf Coast of the US stretches about 1,750 miles from Key West Florida to Brownsville Texas and includes hundreds of fascinating, quirky, and fun beachfront communities in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.
Some important US Gulf Coast cities are Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, St Petersburg, Mobile Alabama, Pensacola, and Gulfport Mississippi. Popular US Gulf Coast vacation spots include Destin and Panama City Beach in the Florida Panhandle, Florida Gulf Coast (St. Pete/Clearwater, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, Naples), South Padre, New Orleans, and more.
#USGulfCoast = #FLGulfCoast + #ALBeaches + #SecretCoast + #OnlyLouisiana + #TXGulfCoast
US Gulf Coast States Coastline Mileage
According to National Ocean Service, the coastline lengths in statute miles for the US Gulf Coast states are:
- Florida Gulf Coast, 770 miles
- Alabama Gulf Coast, 53 miles
- Mississippi Gulf Coast, 44 miles
- Louisiana Gulf Coast, 397 miles
- Texas Gulf Coast, 367 miles
Total coastline length of US Gulf Coast states is 1,631 miles.
Let me know your US Gulf Coast and Third Coast favorites, tips, hidden gems, and secrets.